“I think the most significant work we ever do, in the whole world, in our whole life, is done within the four walls of our own home.” – Stephen R. Covey

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

(Imported from previous entry)

November 16, 2007

It's getting cool around here which means one thing to me.... time to warm up with some yummy food!

Chad and I are hosting Thanksgiving for my family this year which is likely to be fun and stressful at the same time. So far I am really not that stressed though because I like cooking and am excited to find new (but still traditional) fun things to cook... you will not find any Thanksgiving Enchiladas at this house! I'm having to make sure that I dont try too many new things because one person I know (a certain brother) likes things to stay the same year to year...

So far I have planned:

Roast Turkey
Sausage Stuffing
Cranberries
Green Bean Casserole
Acorn Squash
Sweet Potatoes
Croissants
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Vanilla Ice Cream

Luckily, I think the only things I will have to make or buy will be the stuffing, squash, croissants, pecan pie and vanilla ice cream... my family will bring everything else!

Stay tuned for how this process goes!

No comments: