“I think the most significant work we ever do, in the whole world, in our whole life, is done within the four walls of our own home.” – Stephen R. Covey

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pumpkin-Orange Spice Bread = Yum Yum YUM!

I found this recipe in my Newlywed Cookbook (by Robin Miller) when I was looking for things to make for dinner this week. It sounded good although maybe a bit out of season with the pumpkin. Result...DELICIOUS.

TIPS:
The pan I put it in was a 8.5 inch glass bread pan and I put a pizza pan underneath incase any spilt over...the batter will fill up your pan pretty full.
Also, I used 1/2 C Splenda & 1/2 C sugar and it turned out good without having that fake sugar taste.
Another note is that I was pressed for time when making this so I mixed all the wet ingredients together like instructed in step 3 BUT I let them sit in the fridge for about 2 hours while I worked out and got some errands done. I was afraid when I came back that the milk and orange juice didn't play nice and may have fought with each other while I was gone and curdled but NO SUCH THING HAPPENED, Yay! Anyway, I finished making the bread and it all turned out great!

I plan on posting more recipes in the future and how they turned out so please check in for that! Make sure you dont forget and bookmark me!


(this is not a picture of my bread, but looks just like my bread)

Here is the recipe:

1 3/4 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 C canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 C milk
1/4 C orange juice
1 egg
1 T grated orange zest
4 T butter
1 C granulated sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, salt and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, orange juice, egg and orange zest and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture and pumpkin mixture, alternating each, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Blend until smooth. Pour batter into an 8-inch loaf pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
5. Bake 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan, on a wire rack, 10 minutes. Remove bread and cool completely.

No comments: