“I think the most significant work we ever do, in the whole world, in our whole life, is done within the four walls of our own home.” – Stephen R. Covey

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Gardening Recap

On Saturday we got a LOT of garden projects done! We went to the Jenks Herb Festival, Southwood Nursery and Lowes! I love shopping and all but this kind of shopping just equals more work later!

Here is what we accomplished:
Photobucket
Rosemary and Mint

Photobucket
Sage and Thyme

Photobucket
Sweet Potato Vine

Photobucket
Million Belles that are in a window basket that still needs to be hung

Photobucket
Million Belles in a hanging basket and the newly filled bird feeder

Photobucket
Transplanted yellow knockout rose on the left and new LOVE rose on the right

Photobucket
We got this LOVE rose at the Jenks Herb Festival and it smells SO sweet!

Photobucket
My little garden helper who hopefully doesn't destroy everything!

Photobucket
Our raised garden that Chad built so wonderfully last summer!

Photobucket
Cherry tomato and peppers

Photobucket
Onions

Photobucket
Tomatoes

Photobucket
The planter around a tree in the front yard. Some of the pansies have come back but I filled in with some other purple flowers.

Photobucket
Purple flowers close up

Photobucket
This is where the yellow rose used to be and we replanted with an azalea.

Photobucket
We also bought some solar landscape lights so we'll see how bright they are.

Photobucket
I love succulents so I replanted the ones I had in these cute white pots from IKEA.

Photobucket
Now this dog house should have a post all to its own but Chad LOVINGLY made this awesome doghouse for Daisy. It was a lot of hard work and grumbled words but its done!

Photobucket
This isn't a gardening project but we just bought this AMAZING new table and I am so glad to have something that matches in our dining area now! I love dark wood and this table is substantial! It is ridiculously heavy and I think its going to last for a good long time!

1 comment:

Kellyology said...

I spent all last weekend gardening as well, and plan to finish this weekend. I had all my beds gutted and re-done last year, with plans to re-do them myself this year. My sore body wishes I had them planted last year as well rather than doing it myself. Yowza!