“I think the most significant work we ever do, in the whole world, in our whole life, is done within the four walls of our own home.” – Stephen R. Covey

Monday, March 10, 2008

All things New

First of all I would like to mention that my blog title was once the theme of a church retreat that my Catholic Student Association put on one time...

Second of all, I have a question: is there a hidden meaning behind hurting yourself twice in 2 days both on the lower half of the left side of the body? just curious because sure enough I somehow ran into the bumper of our truck and have a massive sized bruise on my thigh, and then while packing two cookbooks fell on my foot which resulted in another nasty bruise. The funny thing is that I really dont have a problem being clumsy...just recently. Also, my legs usually constantly itch at night especially if there is something even remotely stressful going on.

So, now is the point where I say sorry about not posting too often, but since we were preparing to move, I actually had to finish up projects at work and not sit around and think up and write blog fodder. Dont worry though, I read your posts out there and laughed a long... but then I got back to work.

So what am I doing now? Being a temporary housewife for 4 weeks thats what! and I do mean temporary in every sense of the word! First of all the Omaha plans have been delayed for a little while since we are actually in Tulsa for 4 weeks while Chad does some interim management here, THEN we will move on to Omaha where I will hopefully have found a job and move in our apartment. Where does one live temporarily in Tulsa...a corporate apartment, which doesn't really let me have too many housewively duties since basically you just move in with food and clothes and everything else is provided.

Provided in the sense of 1 bowl in the dish set, one 2 cup measuring cup...no toaster oven... 2 spoons in the cutlery set and NO real knives for cooking!! This may be an issue but since this is our first day I have yet to need a big knife yet. Oh also, I should have brought my spice rack because spices are expensive to buy all over again and I dont know yet how I will cook real meals. For now I have (jarred) spaghetti sauce and pasta on tap and couple other boxed dinner/soups... we cant eat like that for 3 weeks though! Good thing I have access to the country club fitness center through our apartment!

Anyway, thats the latest on our journey so far!

ps. Have YOU ever had to pay a $3.50 toll? I was told its our retribution to the Inidans... after I heard that I kinda wanted to pay them $350! It would be interesting to find out what the Indian Reservation is like.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You want to know what living on the indian reservation was like...I wouldn't recommend it. I lived there with my ex, he was a full blooded native american. We didn't have running hot water, a washer or dryer, or a furnace. When it got cold...and it got COLD we would use space heaters and the oven. If you wanted a hot bath you boiled the water on the stove.

It wasn't fun.
I like reading your blog
Erin