“I think the most significant work we ever do, in the whole world, in our whole life, is done within the four walls of our own home.” – Stephen R. Covey

Monday, April 13, 2009

When I play "my make-believe future"

... I live in a house like one of these...

All of these homes are located in the historic Swiss Avenue district of Dallas. I drove by several of them today on my way to meet my aunt for lunch and was in awe of their beauty! My husband and I just bought a house (near Tulsa where we live)and I love it, it's great and it fits our lifestyle right now but... eventually I would love to live in an old house or build in a classic design.

I usually tend to go for Craftsmen style or Tudor.
Since I am pretty sure the husband wants to live on some acreage one day, it'll probably have to be a craftsmen style. A huge brick Tudor would look silly on 300 acres in middle of the prarie!
















Photos from www.ArchitecturallySignificantHomes.com website.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

uhhhh you BOUGHT A FREAKIN HOUSE AND DIDN'T CALL ME!? You are in soooooooooo much trouble!!